Hybrid Mattress Vs.Gel Memory Foam Mattress (2023 Updated)
The market for mattresses is incredibly saturated. There are dozens of brands, each with their own unique selling points. So, how do you know which mattress is right for you?
In this blog post, we’re going to compare two of the most popular types of mattresses on the market today: hybrid mattresses and gel memory foam mattresses. We’ll introduce the two most common types of mattresses, and explore the pros and cons of each so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
What is a hybrid mattress?
A hybrid mattress is a mixture of two mattress types (usually a built-in spring and some kind of foam) that provides the "best of both worlds" in terms of sleep experience, usually includes a steel coil support system and a comfort layer included. The comfort layer is made of fitted memory foam, cotton, wool or other padding. Some of the cooling materials used in it can help keep the bed cool.
Hybrid mattresses are often considered the best of both worlds because they offer the support of an innerspring mattress with the comfort of memory foam. Many people find that hybrid mattresses provide them with a better night’s sleep than either innerspring or foam mattresses alone.
If you’re considering a hybrid mattress, it’s important to know what you should look for. Here are a few things to keep in mind in short:
- Coil count: The coil count is important because it will affect the support and durability of the mattress. A higher coil count means more support and less sinkage.
- Memory foam layers: Memory foam can vary in density, which will affect how soft or firm the mattress feels. A thicker memory foam layer will make the mattress feel softer, while a thinner layer will make it feel firmer.
- Edge support: Edge support is important if you want to be able to use the entire surface of the mattress for sleeping or sitting. A good edge support system will prevent sinkage and make it easier to get in and out of bed.
If you want to know full advantages of hybrid mattress, you can read this blog: The Advantages of A Hybrid Mattress 2022 Ultimate Guide
What is a gel memory form mattress?
Memory foam, also known as slow rebound foam, was originally invented by NASA. The main characteristics are temperature sensitivity and slow rebound.
Temperature-sensitive allows memory foam to sense the body temperature. At the same time to absorb the body pressure to adjust the body to the most comfortable posture state. While other parts, still maintain full support. However, this material will be softened by heat and pressure.
The support core of a memory foam mattress, usually made of polyurethane foam. This is a high-density foam that is strong enough to support your weight. And a quality memory foam mattress can last 10 to 15 years.
A gel memory foam mattress is a type of mattress that uses a material called viscoelastic. This material is known for its ability to contour to the body, providing support and pressure relief. Gel memory foam mattresses are usually constructed with a layer of gel-infused memory foam on top of a traditional innerspring or latex mattress. The gel helps to keep the sleeper cool by dissipating body heat.
Gel memory foam was first introduced in the early 2000s and has become increasingly popular in recent years. Some manufacturers claim that gel memory foam is cooler and more comfortable than traditional memory foam. Others say that it provides the same level of comfort and support but with an added cooling effect.
There are several things to consider when shopping for a gel memory foam mattress. It’s important to choose a reputable brand with a good reputation for quality products. It’s also important to read customer reviews to get an idea of what others think about the mattress you’re considering. And finally, be sure to compare prices from different retailers before making your purchase.
What are the benefits of a hybrid mattress?
Both types of the mattresses have their own unique benefits that can make them a great option for different types of sleepers. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid mattresses.
Hybrid Mattress Pros:
- Offers a unique combination of support and comfort.
- Have a longer lifespan than other types of mattresses
- Have excellent motion isolation, meaning you won't be disturbed by your partner's movements during the night.
- A great option for people who suffer from back pain or other joint pain, as they provide good support while still being comfortable.
- Comes with a money-back guarantee, so you can try them out risk-free.
- Can provide a good sleep experience: Due to the combination of foam layer and spring structure. The user sleeps on it feels like floating on the surface.
- Can offer good motion isolation: Individually pocketed springs ensure sleep independence. Sleep quality is no longer tied to the person on the pillow.
- Keep your sleep cool: The construction of hybrid mattresses ensures breathability while sleeping. Some will also add cooling gel to the foam layer to further keep your sleep cool.
- Suitable for people in any sleeping position: Whether you like to sleep flat on your back or on your side, the hybrid mattress can provide you with enough support. It can fit the curve of your body according to the posture.
- Responsiveness: Coil support system for improved response to lying movements. Reduces the time it takes for the foam to spring back into place.
Hybrid Mattress Cons:
- Higher prices
- Does not fit the body as well as a memory foam mattress
Pro and Cons of a gel form memory mattress
Gel form memory mattresses boast several benefits over their hybrid counterparts. Firstly, they provide a more comfortable sleeping surface due to the gel-infused memory foam layer. This feature helps to distribute weight evenly and relieves pressure points, resulting in a more restful night's sleep. Secondly, gel form memory mattresses are better at regulating body temperature due to the cooler sleeping surface. This is especially beneficial for those who tend to sleep hot or experience night sweats. Finally, gel form memory mattresses are generally more durable than hybrid mattresses and have a longer lifespan.
Benefits of memory foam mattresses
- Pain relief: Avoids pain and discomfort caused by rebound pressure or gravity.
- Support a healthy spine: Memory foam mattresses can relieve painful pressure points. Helps support your body along its curves and natural lines
- Good sense of sleep experience: The soft sponge can relax the body after a long day of exhaustion.
- Relieve your allergy symptoms: Most brands are now using environmentally friendly materials that can prevent insects and mites. This is good news for users whose skin is prone to allergies.
Suilong hybrid mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified and free of harmful chemicals. Protects you and your family's safety.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to gel form memory mattresses.
- Firstly, they can be quite expensive compared to other types of mattress.
- Secondly, some people find that the firmness of the gel-infused memory foam layer is too much for them, resulting in an uncomfortable night's sleep.
- Finally, gel form memory mattresses can be quite heavy and difficult to move, making them less ideal for those who need to move their mattress often.
Disadvantages of memory foam mattresses
- Sleeping very hot, will sink: High density materials can lead to poor breathability of the mattress. Due to the temperature-sensitive property of memory foam and the fact that human body temperature rises high during sleep. So the sleeper will feel that the bed becomes softer and softer, and the body will sink.
- No spring, slow rebound function: For people who are used to turning over frequently during sleep, the comfort level will receive a great degree of impact.
Hybrid mattress vs.Gel form memory mattress: Which is better for you?
Hybrid mattresses are a combination of innerspring and foam. They’re generally more supportive than all-foam mattresses, but they also tend to be more expensive. Gel memory foam mattresses have a layer of gel-infused memory foam on top of a base layer of regular foam. The gel helps to distribute body heat, making these mattresses cooler than traditional memory foam mattresses.
So, which is better for you? It depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you need a mattress that’s supportive and cooling, a hybrid mattress may be the best choice for you. If you need a mattress that’s affordable and offers pressure relief, a gel memory foam mattress may be the better option. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which type of mattress is best for your needs.
How to choose the right mattress for you?
When it comes to choosing a mattress, there are many factors to consider. But, with so many different types of mattresses on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. Do you want a soft or firm mattress? A memory foam or gel form? A hybrid mattress that combines different features?
To help you make your decision, we've put together a guide on how to choose the right mattress for you above. And keep reading to learn more about the different types of mattresses and what each one has to offer.
Memory foam mattresses are becoming increasingly popular because they contour to your body and provide excellent support. If you have any aches or pains, a memory foam mattress can help alleviate them by providing targeted pressure relief. However, memory foam mattresses can retain heat, so if you tend to sleep hot, this might not be the right type of mattress for you.
Gel form memory foam mattresses are a newer type of memory foam mattress that contains gel beads. These beads help regulate temperature, so if you're concerned about sleeping hot on a memory foam mattress, a gel form mattress might be a good option for you. Additionally, gel form memory foam provides the same contouring and support as traditional memory foam mattresses.
Hybrid mattresses combine both springs and foams in their construction. This gives them the benefits of both types of mattresses - the support of springs and the contouring and pressure.
Suilong hybrid mattresses have to size: 10 inch hybrid mattress and 11 inch hybrid mattress with great quality.
The bottom line is that different types of mattresses have their pros and cons.
It really depends on your personal preferences as to which one you would prefer. If you like the idea of a memory foam mattress but want something with a little more support, then a hybrid mattress might be the right choice for you.
On the other hand, if you want a mattress that contours to your body but doesn't get too hot, then a gel memory foam mattress might be better suited for you. Whichever type of mattress you choose, make sure to do your research so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.