How to Get Dog Pee out of Hybrid Mattress
Can dogs be smart? There is no way to follow the same social rules as humans, because they are also animals after all. Therefore, when the cute ones pee and poop on your sleeping bed and hybrid mattress, you may have a headache about how to deal with it. I hope this article can help you.
What you need for cleaning
What you need to prepare are listed below:
- Vacuum cleaner
- baking soda
- paper towels
- white vinegar
- cold water
- spray bottle
- laundry detergent
Method 1: Clean up wet urine stains
- Absorb the excess urine with a cloth
- Sprinkle baking soda on the urine stain to absorb the residual urine
- Pour equal amounts of white vinegar and water into the spray bottle and mix well.
- Spray a large amount of vinegar solution on the urine stain and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Use an old rag to absorb excess water
- Sprinkle baking soda over the entire mattress
- Let the mattress air dry for about 18 hours before cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner
Method 2: Clean up dry urine stains
- Mix hydrogen peroxide solution to remove urine stains
- Lightly rub urine stains with hydrogen peroxide solution
- Remove residual urine stains with dry foam
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, then hang off the dry foam on the mattress
- Vacuum up any remaining baking soda or dry foam
Method 3 Handling fresh urine
- Absorb urine immediately
- Dilute the urine with water and a few drops of soap solution
- Sprinkle a little baking soda on the place where your dog pees
- Vacuum up the baking soda
Method 4 Remove the smell from blankets and fabrics
- Dilute the urine stain on the blanket with water
- Use of biological enzymes deodorizer
- Clean or replace all odorous items
Method 5 Removal of urine that has penetrated the mattress
- Wet a rag with water and press repeatedly to dilute the surface of urine and dirt.
- Put white vinegar + water (ratio 1:5) into the spray bottle, spray on the dirty place and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Let the white vinegar decompose the internal dirt.
- Use a rubber band to tie the dry rag to the top of the vacuum cleaner head, switch it on and off, and slowly suck out the infiltrated liquid.
- Sprinkle with baking soda and leave for 30 minutes to let the baking soda dissolve the residual urine and bacteria and have a deodorizing and sterilizing effect.
- Use a wet rag and a dry rag to exchange and press repeatedly to remove the residual baking soda
Use a hair dryer to turn cold air to dry the mattress, and turn on the dehumidifier to help remove moisture from the bed and reduce the chance of moisture damage to the independent cylinder mattress springs.
Different types of quilts cleaning
If you have a hybrid mattress quilt and your dog has peed on it, don't despair! There are several things you can do to try to remove the urine and get your quilt back to its former glory for differnet types of hybrid mattress quits.
- Fiber quilt: can be washed in water, but when washing, be careful not to rub with washing powder and choose detergent. A washing time of half an hour is better.
- Silk quilt: best dry cleaned if washed in water, to use special silk detergent, preferably without bleach. After washing, they are dehydrated in a ventilated place.
- Wool quilt: not washable in water, only suitable for dry cleaning. Air dry in a ventilated place for 30-60 minutes to achieve the effect of sterilization and de-humidification.
Mattress deodorization method for dog pee
Dog pee on a hybrid mattress is one of the most difficult stains to remove. It often penetrates deep into the quilts, leaving an unpleasant odor. There are several deodorization methods that can be used to remove dog pee from a hybrid mattress.
One method is to sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and let it sit for a few hours before vacuumed up. This will help to absorb the odor.
Another method is to mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist the solution onto the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before blotting dry with a clean cloth.
Dogs are man's most loyal friend, and many families now choose to have a puppy as a pet. With these methods above, you can get dog pee out of hybrid mattress well.